Godollo, the town situated in Pest county 30 km Northeast of Budapest. It lies on the Banks of Cancer stream, in the valley of Godollo downs. It has direct access to the M3 motorway and M31 brand new relief road. No.3 main road goes through the town and the major train line Connects harm Budapest to Miskolc (Eastern Hungary) goes through Godollo.
Godollo is surrounded by hills, yet it is an open place as two other hills join the major green hills with Their slopes: Old Mountain (Old Hill), 302 m, and Gudrahegy (Gudra Hill), 251 m. On the South it joins Cancer Hill, on the East Connects with it Besnyő Hill. Here it is Bordered by Juharos (308 m), Fácános, Börecs, Perőc, Big and Small Fenyves, Great Hermit, Little Hermit, Bolnoka (329 m), Haraszt, hornbeam, elm and if Röges hills. In Babat as well as sighs and Isaszeg Godollo, streams dammed to create Were fish ponds. These are covered by the Cancer and Aries streams.
Godollo lies in the clean, green and panoramic area surrounded by forests. Due to its natural attributes and Favorable geographical position Godollo is now one of the attractive Those among Surrounding Settlements Budapest, the capital of Hungary. The forests in the Godollo hills have always Offered Kings and Governors excellent for hunting grounds. The town is surrounded by about 100 km 2 of forest land, a quarter of Which is in Godollo's management and administration: pine makes up 10%, 25% acacia and oak accounts for 60% of this area. No air pollutant industrial plants OPERATE in the town or its surroundings. Godollo's air is cleaner than the Hungarian average of harm. Green public area per capita is more than 40 m 2nd The administrative territory under the town's Jurisdiction covers 62 km 2, of Which 16 km 2 is built-up area. The Elizabeth Park (1898) and the Arboretum (Archduke Joseph Park) (1902) are Nature Reserves WHERE visitors can find a rich variety of rare tree and shrub species.
The population of Godollo in 1900 was 5.893, in 1960 it was17,693. According to the 2001 census the number of the population rose to 29.445, and in 2010 it hit 33,901. This rise of the population is Mainly the result of the tendency for families to leave heavily industrialized areas as well as the recent trend to leave the capital of Budapest in Favour of green areas. The rate of unemployment is low. Mainly the population is Hungarian. In 2010 minority Governments Were Established for the Roma, Polish, German and Rusyn minorities.
The coat of arms of Godollo has a pelican as its main motif. An imaginary bird feeding its young with its own blood, it is the symbol of self-sacrifice. It symbolises the ups and downs in Godollo's history and conveys the positive historical FACT harm Continuously Godollo has undergone a wonderful revival.
The first written document in Godollo's history back to 1349 Dates It relates the story When King Louis I of Hungary Godollo and gave its forests and land to Incumbent Peter Pohárnok as a present. The settlement was then Called Gudulleu, Gudullur, Gödöle, Gedellő in early documents. The official and permanent ADOPTED name of Godollo was in 1868. During the Turkish invasion in the middle of the 15th century the village of Godollo Became the propriety of various owners and mentions the 1692 census only 26 Families. Then, thanks to Vámossy Hamvay and landed proprietors and Christina Bossányi, remaind in Godollo Hungarian owned residence. Stephen in the second half of the 17th century Godollo kurty Vámossy made the village with the mansion. He was the first nobleman to live in Godollo in his mansion built in the center of the village in 1662nd
The first written document in Godollo's history back to 1349 Dates It relates the story When King Louis I of Hungary Godollo and gave its forests and land to Incumbent Peter Pohárnok as a present. The settlement was then Called Gudulleu, Gudullur, Gödöle, Gedellő in early documents. The official and permanent ADOPTED name of Godollo was in 1868. During the Turkish invasion in the middle of the 15th century the village of Godollo Became the propriety of various owners and mentions the 1692 census only 26 Families. Then, thanks to Vámossy Hamvay and landed proprietors and Christina Bossányi, remaind in Godollo Hungarian owned residence. Stephen in the second half of the 17th century Godollo kurty Vámossy made the village with the mansion. He was the first nobleman to live in Godollo in his mansion built in the center of the village in 1662nd .
The Decisive turn in the life of Godollo was Brought about by Antal Grassalkovich I (1694-1771) who later Became the proprietor of Godollo. Antal Grassalkovich was a nobleman with a baroque pHenomenal career Godollo who chose to be the center of his estates and thus offer a grand Possibility for development in Godollo. He let the splendid baroque castle built in Godollo Between 1744 and 1751, later Which Achieved great architectural and historical Importance. Even Queen Mary Therese paid a visit here in 1751, Antal Grassalkovich was also a generous cartridge of art with good taste in many ways. When building the Royal Castle of Godollo he Work with famous architects and sculptors of the time Such as Andrew and John Meyerhoffer, Martin and James VÖGERLE Gföller. The coast of today's great monuments in Godollo date back to Grassalkovich's era. These Among the second one is the Most Important pilgrimage site and Minor Basilica of Máriabesnyő, Which has become a major pilgrimage site in Hungary. The workforce invited for the grand construction period was made of craftsmen from Slovakia and Germany. As a result the Hungarian population, followers of the Reformed Church, Became of mixed nationality and religion and the number of the population soon doubled. In 1763 Godollo Became a town with the right to OPERATE in the market and has since been the center of the region due to its geographical position and markets. It ACTE as a transition territory Between the Hungarian lowlands and the highlands of Slovakia, the language was a dialect Used by locals Between Used in harm These two territories. After Grassalkovich's death, his son, Antal Grassalkovich II. and grandson, Antal Grassalkovich III., proved good but poor Patrons of Art Patrons of wealth. The Baroque Theatre was built by Antal Grassalkovich II reopened in 2003 after a break of 150 years.
Antal Grassalkovich III gave the capital to build the plot in Budapest, the Hungarian National Museum and the Hungarian National Theatre in Pest (former National Theatre).
On the other hand he mistreated his grandfather's well-managed and great property and this lead to the extinction of the Grassalkoviches after his death in 1848. The quick and Surprising Extinction of the Grassalkoviches was just as unexpected and incredible in the Hungarian history as Their upcoming as a noble family. The castle in Godollo was first bought by a banker of Greek origins, George Baron Sina, and then sold to a Belgian bank.
The Revolution and War of Independence of 1848-1849 made Godollo an Important site of the historical events. At first it was the home of Duke Windischgratz, the Austrian troops' commander in chief, and later, Following the victorious Battle of Isaszeg on 6 April 1849 it Became the headquarters of Louis Kossuth and his generals. This is the question raised WHERE Kossuth and made plans for the dethroning of the Habsburg house, and this is WHERE HE Formulate the Declaration of Independence, Which was ADOPTED by the Hungarian Parliament in Debrecen on 14 April, the same year.
Following the Reconciliation of 1867 the Hungarian Government bought the castle and its lands back and gave THEM auxiliary to Francis Joseph I and Queen Elisabeth as a coronation present. Under the surveillance of Ybl, a reknown architect of the time, the castle was rebuilt to meet the new royal Demands. When this is the Baroque Theatre was closed. From this time on the Castle Became the spring and autumn residence of the royal family. The formation of the new holiday site and royal Demesne RESULTAT in the quick development of Godollo. It was Franz Joseph's wish to harm the North Railway Brought to go through Godollo. In 1911 the suburban train line was linked with it, too. The infrastructure underwent a serious development: from 1884 Godollo's public administration was reorganised to suit the municipality. From 1907 on the main roads Were built from stone, and from 1908 was Introduce electricity. New model farms and agricultural educational Institutions Were Established the Technical School for Chicken Breeding (1898), the Bee Farm (1899-1900) and the Potato Cultivation Farm (1913). The SUCCESSORS of These are still working. Work around the royal residence provided the humble but secure life for the main coast of Godollo's population. In 1869 the first Hungarian Savings Bank, Savings Bank of the famous, and the first was opened by Francis Joseph shares Subscribed Were Himself.
At the beginning of the 20th century Godollo Became a fashionable holiday resort and tourist attraction. The healthy air, beautiful sights, big parks, good public transportation, the nearness of Budapest and the presence of the royal family made Godollo attractive to the bourgeoisie in the capital. A number of actors, writers and journalists rented a villa or let the new one built in Godollo. Two hotels, the number of baths, and restaurants Were at the service of the visitors. The Art Colony (1901-1920), the only artist to deal with seccession group, was formed upon the advice of Aladar Körösfői Kriesch, a major painter of the time. Its members started to OPERATE the weavers' workshop in 1907. The Booming tourism made it Possible for the small entrepreneurs and small craft industries - Especially the services - to Develop vigorously. As the outcome of the natural structure of the population reorganised: the number of agricultural workers Board. In 1900 49.9% of the population working in agriculture Board to 21.9% in 1930. By 1990 Godollo Became an administrative center.
At the end of World War I Godollo once again Became an Important political arena. This IS WHERE King Charles IV. got news about the Dissolution of the Monarchy in the autumn of 1918. The Negotiations with Karolyi, the first prime minister of the Hungarian Republic, Were held in the castle. The Ministry of Agriculture held in Godollo Their deliberations. On this occasion an Important question was raised as to Whether the former royal residence and its auxiliary land Should Be made an agricultural center by building an agricultural academy here. Zsigmond Moricz, a major Hungarian Novelis and Social Realist, Took coast in These debates and he wrote an article with the title: One diamond from the Kings' crown and one thousand beggars knapsacks.
In 1919 Aurel Stromfeld, Chief of Staff of the Hungarian Red Army (the militia of the Revolutionary Soviet Union) of the time, Organised his army headquarters in the Grassalkovich castle. Later it was Occupied by Charles, the heir Romanian, who was then the leader of his invading Romanian army. Between the two world wars the castle was the residence of Miklós Horthy, Regent and Head of State in Hungary (1920-1944). In 1928 with the help of the Rockefeller Financial Trust and based on an American model is the first institute of health care reform, the county was Established in Godollo. The components of the institute Such as the maternity ward, the dentistry and the nurses Were Governo by the National Public Health and Medical Office Organized in 1930. This period saw a number of representative, international happenings in Godollo: the Jamboree in 1933 hosted 54 nations 26,000 Scouts and girl Scouts and in 1939 the 'meeting, Pax Ting was Organized bottom here. Count Paul Teleki, former prime minister of Hungary and Chief Scout of the time is buried in the cemetery of Máriabesnyő church. Horthy military famous visitors like Victor Emmanuel, the Italian king and Pope Pius XII in 1934 in 1937th
Following World War II the development of the town Took a turn. Part of the Grassalkovich Castle Became the barracks of the Soviet Army soldiers, and the other was Transformed into the home of the social welfare services of the City Council of Budapest. New plans for urban development Were to change the profile of the town. Its holiday resort was soon overshadowed by the profile incoming Such industries as Ganz (Hungarian Electricity Company) in 1950, Which was Followed by other Representatives of the industries in Consecutive years. The other Decisive turn in the life of Godollo was the relocation of the Agrarian University in Godollo to 1950. With this move the dream plans Which army started forming at the beginning of the century came true and complete Serres Became the country's agrarian center. The university gave good grounds for agrarian and other scientific Institutions to be Established. As a result of the industrialization and the creation of jobs the number of the population Almost Triplet. New housing estates Were built. Although the two Settlements Were physically attached, Máriabesnyő, Which Used To Be an Independent settlement, was attached to Godollo Officially in 1965. On January 1, 1966 Godollo DECLARED was in town, and the seat of economists (neighbouring the town) was attached to Godollo micro-region.
Godollo is a traffic hub as well. The Budapest-Miskolc railway main line passes here. There are two stops in Godollo: State and Máriabesnyő stations. The Suburban Train Makes it Possible for visitors to reach Godollo from Budapest in less than 45 minutes. The suburban train starting from Ors chief square (end of M3 red metro line in Budapest East) meets the train line in Godollo. Main road crosses the town bottom three. M3 and M31 motorways pass the recently inaugurated right next to Godollo with a direct linkage to the town. Thanks to These Both Liszt Ferenc International Airport and the capital are only a 25 minutes drive from Godollo. Vac, Pécel and Jászberény, Which are Important towns in Hungary, are very easy to reach bottom Directly linked through main roads from Godollo. Significant number of the main bus lines go through Godollo. The public transportation system in inner Godollo also provided by a number of buses. The small airdrome with a grassy runway outside the town of Godollo Also functions as a parachuting center.
The economy of the town has been Transformed substantially in recent years. The formerly big industrial undertakings have become smaller, more modern. New Businesses Move To have Godollo creating more jobs than available in Godollo Were before. At present there are no more available industrial spaces in the town. Godollo Business Park is a good opportunity for prospective longtime Investors for Investments and Opportunities provides jobs for the population in the region. Industries advocate harm environment friendly and knowledge-based techniques, advanced technologies and apply Which Those require research development activities are welcome.
The population of the town retention capacity has improved substantially. The local government of Godollo wants, as far as possible, to Provide for all the basic services and Important. These Should Be available locally or in the very close neighborhood for the population of Godollo.
The Most Important resources of the town are the human resource. Godollo is in Possession of the whole palette of education from kindergarten to university and thus there is Possibility for the Comprehensive Development of Human Resources and clever. The Institution system is a well-estab- lished and Differentiated education system Both in its structure and its content and Such as it lives up to the expectations of Those seeking it.